Monday 1 July 2019

The wedding of Sherri and Mike, Tynron, 29th June 2019




I've been getting nagged for ages now by friends and colleagues alike to get a blog going. I then remembered I had actually started one away back in the mists of time (around 2011 to be exact, so long enough) and to my surprise, was able to log back in!

So I thought I would kick this new(ish) blog off with a post detailing an amazing ceremony I conducted on Friday 28th June 2019, for Mike and Sherri in the tiny hamlet of Tynron, in deepest Dumfries and Galloway.

One of the things that made this ceremony special was the fact the couple didn't finalise their personal info for the ceremony until the Monday just before the ceremony! Thanks guys, if there's one thing that keeps a Celebrant going it's a draft copy of a ceremony that isn't finalised until three days before the big day itself...

Anyway, the 29th June was an absolute scorcher. I conducted a wedding in Santorini back in May (yes I'm name-dropping and I'll do a blog on that one later) but Tynron was even warmer than Greece. It's not often you can say that is it?

I'll let some of the photos speak for themselves.






The arrival of the bride. That 'horse' looks interesting...


My first Unicorn. 


Sherri and Mike, the happy couple.



A wee bit of history. Tynron Doon is the site of a fortification that was occupied from the Iron Age all the way up to the 1700's. More information can be found here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tynron_Doon


The beautiful Dumfrieshire Countryside. 



Check out the classic glacier carved valley. 




No comments:

Post a Comment